Solution Engineer Intern
Zurich, Switzerland (Hybrid)
About the job
Calvin Risk is a Swiss-based start-up helping companies create and manage trustworthy AI that is aligned with humanity. Founded in 2022 as an ETH Zurich spin-off, the company is building the most advanced platform for assessing risks associated with AI in commercial use and managing them throughout the entire product lifecycle. The Calvin platform creates a much-needed framework for transparency, governance and standardization for enterprises to manage their AI portfolios, while ensuring that AI remains safe and compliant with the highest ethical standards and impending regulatory requirements.
This is an opportunity to join a start-up at its earliest stages as a Solution Engineer Intern to develop and refine AI risk quantification methodologies. It is an opportunity to contribute to a cutting-edge AI risk management platform. Be part of an interdisciplinary team of technical and non-technical experts and experience a thriving, innovative, and collaborative environment.
As a Solution Engineer Intern, you'll be the technical bridge between our product and our clients. You'll deep-dive into our AI Risk Management offerings to understand them inside out, then collaborate with our sales teams to showcase how our solutions can integrate seamlessly with clients' systems. Expect to troubleshoot unique challenges, customize solutions to fit specific needs, and liaise closely with product development to relay feedback and improvements. You won't just learn and adapt, but also contribute fresh insights and innovative ideas. In essence, you'll ensure our technical capabilities align perfectly with our clients' requirements. Welcome to the nexus of tech and client relations!
Solution Development & Implementation
- Assist in designing and customizing AI solutions to address specific client needs in the domain of risk management.
- Collaborate with the technical team to integrate AI models into the company's risk management platform.
- Engage with clients to understand their requirements and challenges.
- Demonstrate solution capabilities to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Assist in preparing technical documentation, user manuals, and best practice guidelines.
- Contribute to whitepapers and technical reports related to AI and risk management.
Research & Innovation
- Stay updated with the latest AI techniques and tools applicable to risk management.
- Propose innovative ideas and improvements to the existing platform.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, product managers, and sales teams, to ensure successful solution delivery.
- Actively participate in team meetings, workshops, and brainstorming sessions.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics/Finance or a related field.
- Familiarity with AI and machine learning concepts.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with programming languages (e.g., Python, Java).
- Self-motivated, curious, and eager to learn.
- Proven experience in data analysis, modeling, and visualization.
- Good understanding of machine learning and statistical techniques (e.g., classification, regression, clustering, time-series analysis).
- Knowledge of risk management principles and practices.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
If you are passionate about using helping businesses manage their AI risks and optimize their operations, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We follow the REEEEF principle asour guideline to success: respect, efficiency, entrepreneurship, excellence, empathy, fun. We cherish character traits such as result orientation, a sense of responsibility, integrity, and passion. This is an a**hole-free zone and it shall remain that way. Apart from this, no matter who you are or where you are from, you are highly welcome at Calvin Risk!